BeerSmith 2.3 mobile (full version) has just been released – which adds many of the new features of the desktop 2.3 version to the full mobile release. The update is free for existing mobile app owners and you can get your update now from the iTunes and Google Play. The “lite” in-app upgrade and full Amazon store versions will be released in the coming days.
Look for 2.3.x (where x is a minor revision number 4,5 or 6) at the bottom of the main menu after the update to verify that you have the new version once it is available for your platform.
Note that these changes affect the Full version of BeerSmith mobile and will shortly be available to those who have used the in-app upgrade for their “lite” version.
- Add-ons for equipment, many profiles and ingredients can now be directly downloaded and installed in the mobile version using the Add-ons button at the bottom of the main menu.
- A new Session page available from the “Edit Recipe” page that lets you enter session data much like the desktop version. It also colors fields so you can keep track of which session fields you have filled.
- A mash pH estimation and adjustment feature, also built into the session page that lets you measure and adjust your mash pH like the desktop version.
- A yeast starter page is also available from the recipe editor that lets you estimate needed sizes for yeast starters.
- Whirlpool carry over and enhanced whirlpool features for no chill are included mirroring the desktop version
- Late sugar additions are now properly handled for all recipe types including all grains.
- Isomerized and CO2 hop extracts can now be used in recipes.
- You can lock/unlock a recipe for editing
- Support for mash tun additions and recoverable deadspace in the equipment profiles (mirroring the desktop new feature)
- Carbonation based on measured batch volume is available now
- Fixed bugs in the brew day timer that could crash for certain whirlpool additions and also timer not being reset properly on pause
- Estimated and actual measured post mash gravity features have been added
- The program now uses a secure connection (SSL) to access cloud data which will protect your passwords/data
- I also should mention that you can now access the BeerSmithRecipes site securely from your web browser – bookmark this link for the secure version.
Many of the changes mirror changes made to the 2.3 baseline on the desktop recently. If you don’t have BeerSmith Mobile you can find it on the iTunes, Google Play or Amazon app stores – be sure to get the full version!
I hope you enjoy the new features! Thanks for joining me on the BeerSmith Home Brewing Blog. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter or my podcast (also on itunes…and youtube…and streaming radio station) for more great tips on homebrewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
Don’t make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try – you’ll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now