As is customary around the time a book comes out we’re going to run a little competition.
We’re going to give away two bundles each comprising one copy of the new book, 20th Century Pub, and a copy of the new edition of Brew Britannia (smaller, not updated, but corrected).
There are two ways to enter.
1. With a Photo
For this part of the competition, we want you share on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook your very best picture on the theme of the 20th century English pub using the hashtag #20thCenturyPub.
Interpret that theme as liberally or creatively as you like.
We’re after evocative images, not necessarily the most technically accomplished.
We’ll look at all the contenders we’ve received by midnight on Tuesday 12 September and declare a winner on Wednesday 13. (See T&Cs below.)
2. With 100 Words
If you’re not so handy with a camera, try writing. For this, we’re after 100 words (give or take 10-15 either way) on the same topic as above — that is, the 20th century English pub.
It can be a memory, an anecdote, a pen portrait, or whatever else you like.
We don’t care about spelling or grammar — it’s just a bit of fun.
Post it as a screengrab on Twitter, as a Facebook post, or on your own blog, and let us know about it however you like. You could also post it in the comments below or, if you’re shy, email it directly to us at email@example.com
Again, we’ll look at all the contenders we’ve received by midnight on Tuesday 12 September and declare a winner on Wednesday 13. (See T&Cs below.)
3. Terms and Notes
- You can enter wherever you are in the world; if someone overseas wins, we’ll worry about postage costs then.
- If you post on Facebook and don’t set the post visibility to ‘Public’, we won’t be able to see it. The same also goes for private/locked Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- Our decision is final and we won’t enter into any debate over it.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries for suspected cheating, or any other reason whatsoever.
- Once we’ve emailed the winners to get their postal addresses for dispatch, they’ll have 48 hours to respond or the prize will default to another winner.
- It’s only a bit of fun.