- Perfectly timed with Seafeast, Atwood Ales will have their Dark Tide Oyster Stout and Tide Flats Oyster Gose available this weekend at the farmer’s market.
- Check out the article about Atwood Ales in the newest issue of Bellingham Alive!
- Kulshan is hosting Oktoberfest on Saturday, September 23 at K2. They’ll be pouring beer from 7 different breweries from 6-9 pm. Make sure you wear your finest lederhosen because there will be a costume contest and special edition liter steins for sale.
- The Bellingham Beer Lab, located behind The Local Public House and the Annex, is making progress towards being a fully functioning space for home brewers. Check out the updated The Local posted to see photos of the lab coming together.
- The 1st Annual Sedro Woolley Brewfest takes place this Saturday, September 23 and features several Bellingham breweries like Melvin and Chuckanut, among many others from the Seattle area. The fest benefits the Helping Hands food bank and costs $25 for admission and 5 drink tickets.
- Today is Googlyeye Friday at Wander Brewing. Celebrating a new double IPA release, there will be new t-shirts, glassware, and one keg of their new beer available today only at the Wander brew hall.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Fresh Hop Pale
Boundary Bay is ringing in fall, aka fresh hop season, with their new Fresh Hop Pale, made with whole-cone hops from Virgil Gamache farms in Toppenish.
Aslan Brewing Company
Alligator Suitcase Double IPA
Brewed mostly Amarillo hops and featuring both Cascade and Hallertau Blanc, a new Double IPA from Aslan graces your palate with cantaloupe and honeydew notes. Vienna and oat malts help accentuate the melon flavors in this 7.5% ABV super juicy IPA.
12 Hour Fresh Hop IPA
Gruff just released their 12 Hour Fresh Hop IPA to be served in their tap room. Made with grain from Skagit Valley Malting, and a sweet combination of Simcoe, Citra and Mosaic hops from Yakima, their new Fresh Hop is a hop profile you won’t wanna miss.
Psychosphere Peach Saison
Structures released two beers this last week, and lucky for you one of them is bottled and they made enough so it didn’t sell out within what seems like minutes, like some of their cans do. Psychosphere is their 2016 peach harvest saison. It was fermented with both saison yeast and a unique strain of Brett. Half was conditioned in stainless steel and the other half in barrels, both with Blazing Star peaches. It’s been bottle conditioning for 3 months for your drinking pleasure and is available for $12 a bottle with no limit.
Structures released another saison this week on draft; Isolation is brewed with barley, raw wheat, and some of the brewers’ favorite hops. It’s available in the taproom now but Seattle markets will be receiving it soon as well.
Googlyeye Double IPA
Wander continues it’s goofy looking raccoon series with the Googlyeye release today. Their double IPA contains a large serving of Citra and Centennial hops matched with a large dose of wheat making for a tropical aromatic and very smooth mouthfeel. This can be found for $16 per 4 pack and is limited to one case, released today at noon in their brew hall.
Fresh Hop Pale
Wander also released the first of their two fresh hop beers this week. A pale made with Yakima Valley Amarillo hops makes for a refreshing fall beer and is added to their coolship hop back.